How To Get A Great Score On The College ACT Reading Section
What's the secret to getting a great score on the ACT reading section?
The top secret to getting a great score on the ACT reading section is to pace yourself. You have a lot of questions to answer in a very limited amount of time. In terms of an overall reading strategy, I would suggest reading the passage quickly, but answering the questions slowly. These passages are fairly long on the ACT, so you want to get through the passage on that initial read pretty quickly. Just get a sense of the main idea and where all the information is located. You'll want to spend most of your time dealing with the questions, and with each question, you want to read the question stem itself, and then go back in the passage and find the answer. Now what can be a little tricky about ACT passages is that many of the questions don't have line references. So there's a lot more hunting around for the right answer than you may be comfortable with.
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards
- Rome, Italy - Visit Italy on a Europe Cruise with Holland America Line
- How Sinkholes Like Guatemala Happen