How to Make Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Brownies
Brownies are an all-time favorite in my household.
Hi I’m Ilyse Schapiro, pediatric dietician and nutritionist, and I’m here for About.com to show you how to make wheat-free brownies. Brownies are an all-time favorite in my household, and I have a simple way to make them wheat-free for your kids. To make these wheat-free brownies, first you need ¾ cup of wheat-free flour. Today I’m using tapioca flour. Next, one cup of sugar, five tablespoons, cocoa, one teaspoon of salt, a half a cup of shortening like butter or margarine, two eggs, and one teaspoon of vanilla extract. To make the wheat-free brownies, first you’re going to put a stick of shortening in a glass bowl, and we’re going to put it in the microwave to melt it for about a minute. First I’ll put in the sugar, tapioca flower, the cocoa, the vanilla extract, the salt, and finally the eggs. And you’re going to just mix this all together. Next you’re just going to pour this into a baking pan. You can add in some nuts if would like, today I’m not going to put any nuts in the recipe. So there you have it, my wheat-free brownies, full of classic ingredients that every kids is going to love. For more recipes on wheat-free sweets, please visit About.com
- Appraisal: 1919 Rockwell "The Little Model" Oil Painting
- Appraisal: Jessie Willcox Smith Oil Painting with...
- September 4, 2013 - "Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity"
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - Appraisal: 1909 Charles R. Knight Oil
- Appraisal: Chinese Enameled Porcelain Bowl, ca. 1920
- The Fox and the Hound: Unlikely Friendships