How To Encourage Your Child To Enjoy Her Elementary School Book Report.
The speaker would
- 1The greatest machine that never was - John Graham-Cumming
- 2Robert Full: Learning from the gecko's tail
- 3Shakespearean dating tips - Anthony John Peters
- 4Scarlett Johansson, Justin Long-He's Just Not That Into You
- 5How To Make Pumpkin Soup
- 6Sherwin Nuland: How electroshock therapy changed me
- 7Guns in Space
There's going to be homework that every child hates. Some of them hate the math, some of them hate the book reports. One way to make them like book reports more is to just really try to help them find books or a set of books or ideally a series of books that they like and to keep reading them. And what my perfect thing is, is the kids read books and when a book report comes, they can do it on a book that they've recently read. So they don't have to read a book specifically for the book report. They've just finished a book or they're in the middle of a book when the book report's assigned and they can use that one, so something that they're already reading for fun. The other thing is, is if you have a child who tends to read books and not have any idea of what happened in them, read it with them. Rather than going through the whole thing having him feel like he's read the whole book but in fact not having understood it. Read it together. Switch off, read it together, talk about it as you go along and that way the book report in the end should be easier to write.