How to Run Races Faster
The best way to run races faster is
- 1What Is a Subject?
- 2How To Use A Glossary To Improve Your Middle School Study Skills
- 3What is a Conjunction?
- 4How To Approach The College SAT Reading Passage Questions
- 5How to Write Lesson Plan Step #7: Required Materials and Equipment
- 6Tips for Teaching Students to Tell Time
- 7Use a Graphic Organizer for Math
Welcome to About.com. I'm Cate Ganiere and this video is based on Christine Luff's article called Strategies for Running Faster Races. The best way to run races faster is to consistently work at it and challenge yourself on occasion in order to overcome plateaus. While more could be said of the physical improvements you could make to run faster, this video will focus on the simple tips that will help you on race day.Start at Your Pace Marker: Most races will have pace markers. If you know your pace, you should make sure to start at it. Otherwise, you may find yourself forced to start the race at a much slower pace than you would have liked. This is especially true with a large number of racers. Don't Start too Fast: It's easy to find yourself filled with adrenaline and ready to shoot off the starting line. But try to avoid this, as it will usually result in fatigue later in the race. You will be better off keeping a strict pace and saving that burst of speed for the end.Run the Tangents: The longer the distance, the more time it will take, so try to run the shortest distance possible. To do this, map the race ahead of time and get to know each turn so you can make sure to run in a straight line from one curve to the next. Water Stops: If possible, avoid the first water stop, as it will usually be the busiest. If it's a longer race, there will be another chance to hydrate. If they're handing out water on both sides, the left will usually have fewer people, as most people are right-handed. Do these things and you should be able to shave off some time in your next race.Thanks for watching at About.com.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
- Peter Pan Diamond Edition - Captain Hook and Tic Tock Croc Clip
- Craig Ferguson & Big Bang Cast (HILARIOUS)
- Barney Never Takes a Bad Picture
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter