Profile of Johnny Depp
Depp was given his star on the
- 1What Is The Sun?
- 2Speed Racer - Susan Sarandon, Kick Gurry, and Paulie Litt
- 3The Nazi Hierarchy
- 4How To Tell If Your Diamond Is A Fake
- 5Exclusive: Gabrielle Douglas' First Family Interview - Oprah's Next
- 6Buenos Aires - Visit the "Paris of the South" on a Holland America cruise
- 7Robin Williams: Big Questions
Hi I'm Brice Sander for About.com and today we're profiling the American actor, film producer and musician Johnny Depp. John Christopher "Johnny" Depp II was born in 1963 in Kentucky and was raised in Florida. His parents divorced when Depp was 14. One year after that, Depp, a guitar enthusiast, dropped out of high school to follow his musical dream. Depp and his band - The Kids - went to Los Angeles in search of a record deal but failed to get one. Depp worked several odd jobs before getting introduced to actor Nicolas Cage. This meeting changed the course of his life and got Depp his first acting job. Depp is considered one of the most versatile actors of this generation by many playing everything from a 1930s Bank Robber and Mobster to Willy Wonka. Depp is a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award winner for Best Actor. He is also on a very short list of actors to gross a billion dollars from one movie on multiple occasions. Depp was given his star on the Walk of Fame in 1999. Depp was married to Lori Anne Allison from 1983 to 1985 and since then has been engaged several times to several celebrities, including Sherilyn Fenn, Jennifer Grey, Winona Ryder and Kate Moss. The actor has two children with longtime girlfriend Vannessa Paradis. Paradis and Depp broke it off in 2012. Thanks for watching our profile on Johnny Depp. For more information, visit About.com.
- Craig Ferguson & Big Bang Cast (HILARIOUS)
- Barney Never Takes a Bad Picture
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's