Hey, I'm Logan Tittle for About.com, and we're profiling CBS's hit drama, The Mentalist.Simon Baker stars as Patrick Jane, a man who seemingly reads minds. But Jane is just using the high developed powers of observation to dig up what secrets people are hiding. Jane is hired by the California Bureau of Investigation to use his skills to help out investigators.Robin Tunney stars as Senior Special Agent Teresa Lisbon, Jane's go-to CBI contact and crime-fighting partner. Each week, Jane, Lisbon and the team tackle new cases, interwoven with season-long, and series-long mysteries.Red John is the nickname for the show's main villain, an elusive serial killer who killed Jane's wife and daughter years before the start of the series. Each season, Jane gets closer and closer to finally unmasking the killer who killed his family.The Mentalist struck ratings gold for CBS, raking in an audience of more than 15 million viewers during its premiere. The series has held onto that audience, routinely roping in 15 million or more viewers each episode. The Mentalist took home the "Favorite New TV Drama" trophy at the 2009 People's Choice Awards. Simon Baker has even nabbed a few nominations for lead actor from the Emmys and Golden Globes.And that's a quick look at CBS's crime drama The Mentalist. For more on entertainment, check out About.com.
- Craig Ferguson & Big Bang Cast (HILARIOUS)
- Barney Never Takes a Bad Picture
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's