Nature The Ghost Deer
How long has the photographer been tracking this mysterious presence?
For whitetailed deer, one of the rarest variations of all is color. The ghost deer are colored completely white due to a lack of melanin, a natural pigment found in most organisms. It's a rare recessive gene; and, like humans, only about one out of 20,000 mammals are albino.
- Appraisal: 1919 Rockwell "The Little Model" Oil Painting
- Appraisal: Jessie Willcox Smith Oil Painting with...
- September 4, 2013 - "Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity"
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - Appraisal: 1909 Charles R. Knight Oil
- Appraisal: Chinese Enameled Porcelain Bowl, ca. 1920
- The Fox and the Hound: Unlikely Friendships