What is the problem with the road system as suburban life evolves?
- 1Makers: Women Who Make America Flight Attendants
- 2Bob Newhart on the Jack Paar Show
- 3How to Check Yourself Using Foil When Solving Trinomials : Trinomials
- 4Dan Barber:How I fell in love with a fish
- 5CERN's supercollider - Brian Cox
- 6William Ury: The walk from "no" to "yes"
- 7Alain de Botton: A kinder, gentler philosophy of success
The birth of highways nearly fifty years ago reshaped our communities. People no longer had to live in the busy cities and moved to the newly created suburbs. This has changed the way we live and the way we travel. We tracked the car journeys of everyone living in a small cul-de-sac in Colleyville, Texas for a week. We can see how the car has become a necessity of suburban life.