Harriet Beecher Stowe Visits a Slave State
Before going to Kentucky, Harriet had never been to
- 1What Is Phylum Chordata?
- 2All About Steve-DJ Qualls, Katy Mixon, Beth Grant Interviews
- 3Discovering Psychology
- 4When Sharks Attack: Bull Shark Vs. Tiger Shark
- 5Healthier men, one moustache at a time - Adam Garone
- 6Election time in Greenway: it's the boats, stupid
- 7Phil Plait: How to defend Earth from asteroids
Having recently moved to Cincinnati with her family, Harriet Beecher visited the slave state of Kentucky in 1833, staying here at the Marshall Key House. While in Kentucky, she witnessed slavery up close for the first time. The house now operates as the Harriet Beecher Stowe, Slavery to Freedom Museum.