Golf Etiquette on the Green
In golf, if you are ___________ from the cup, it is your turn to putt first.
- 1Profile of the Beatles
- 2How To Calculate Return On Investment
- 3How to Write a Business Plan
- 4Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Matt Lanter, Anakin Skywalker
- 5Profile of Mike and Molly
- 6Spotlight On: "War Horse" - Tony Award Winner for Best Play on Broadway
- 7Symbiosis: A surprising tale of species cooperation - David Gonzales
I'm Todd Kolb with About.com. We're going to talk about golf etiquette on the putting green.When your golf ball comes to rest on the putting green, the first two things you should do is mark your golf ball and fix any pitch marks that you might have created from the previous shot. You should also, grab the flag, and set it to the side so it will not be in the way of anybody else getting ready to putt.In golf, if you are furthest from the cup it is your turn to putt first. If it is not your turn, make sure and take this time to gather any information you might need for your own putt. You should also be standing nice and still and in an area where you are not a distraction for the other golfers. If you do not make the first putt, but it is nice and close to the hole, you are free to go ahead and tap it into the cup.Finally, if you are the first or second person to complete the hole, make sure and replace the flag so that the entire group can exit the green in a timely fashion.