Overview of Alcoholics Anonymous
In A.A. the fellowship expands self-help to the notion of ___________ help.
- 1Bailee Madison Interview - Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
- 2How to Lower LDL Levels
- 3Nature The World Famous Lipizzaner Stallions
- 4Far From Any Ocean, a Home for Dolphins
- 5Lawn Care : How to Take Care of a Bald Spot in Your Lawn
- 6Love Conquers All for Kelsey Grammer and His Wife - Oprah's Next
- 7Venice - Cruise to Venice, Italy with Holland America Line
Hello my name is Dr. Ingrid Mathieu. I am a clinical psychologist and today we'll be discussing an overview of Alcoholics Anonymous.Since Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), was founded in 1935, it has become the most influential self-help organization in the world. In 2007, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services reported over 2,000,000 members worldwide.The program of Alcoholics Anonymous was founded by Bill W. and Dr. Bob. – two alcoholics who found recovery by sharing their experience, strength and hope with one another and carrying the message to other suffering alcoholics.The program is influenced by prominent figures in psychology such as William James and Carl Jung, as well as by the Oxford Group - a Christian evangelical movement of the time.As stated in AA literature, “AA’s Twelve Steps are a group of principles, spiritual in their nature, which, if practiced as a way of life, can expel the obsession to drink and enable the sufferer to become happily and usefully whole.”This is Dr. Ingrid Mathieu and we've been discussing an overview of Alcoholics Anonymous for About.com. Thank you for watching.