How To Control Your Child's Fever
Which would you not want to do if your child has a fever?
The best thing to do to control your child's fever is to unbundle your child. Make sure they are not in a bunch of layers of clothing. You can take off the blankets, and then give them something like Tylenol or Motrin which are anti-fever medications. That really is going to do the best for the fever. Some people do a luke-warm bath. You really don't want to do an ice-cold bath. I mean, would you want to be put in an ice-cold bath? It's not comfortable. Remember, your normal body temperature is 98 degrees to begin with, which is warm, so a warm bath will still be a lower temperature than your 101 – 102 fever. You can do that to make your child feel more comfortable. Also comfort your child and make sure they're getting enough fluids. For fevers in children, the keys to helping are: unbundeling, a luke-warm bath and Tylenol or Motrin for the fever.
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards
- Rome, Italy - Visit Italy on a Europe Cruise with Holland America Line
- How Sinkholes Like Guatemala Happen
- The World's Richest Teenager
- Michio Kaku: Could We Transport Our Consciousness Into Robots?