Quick Tip: Best Warm-Ups for Weight Training
_______________ will stretch your hamstrings and warm up the core.
Hi, I'm Deb Ferraro with Carlsbad Village Yoga and Fitness, here for About.com. Today we're going to talk about some warm-up exercises to do before you begin your weight training activities.A basic warm-up is good. Begin with some active stretching to warm up your spine in all directions. That includes back bends, forward bends and folds, and twisting from side to side.After a few basic stretches, focus on the muscles that you're specifically going to work. Warm up the arms, rotate them back and forth to get some fluid going through the muscles.Do 20-25 squats to warm the legs up. For additional preparation for exercises involving legs, do some toe touches-- this will stretch your hamstrings and warm up the core.Jumping jacks are a good way to get your heart rate going using your own body weight, as well as the good old jump rope.Your total warm-up time will be around 5 minutes.Thank you for watching, and visit About.com to learn more information.
- Peter Pan Diamond Edition - Captain Hook and Tic Tock Croc Clip
- Craig Ferguson & Big Bang Cast (HILARIOUS)
- Barney Never Takes a Bad Picture
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter