What is a Limited Liability Company?
The owners of an LLC have to report profits and losses _____________ income tax returns.
- 1Brad Fuller and Andrew Form Interview - Friday the 13th
- 2How To Cure Gout
- 3Tips for Researching a Stock Before Buying
- 4Frank Spotnitz Interview - X-Files Movie 2008 at Wonder Con
- 5Jesse Eisenberg Zombieland Interview
- 6Is light a particle or a wave? - Colm Kelleher
- 7How containerization shaped the modern world - Sir Harold Evans
Hi, my name is Jon and I'm an independent investor in Kansas City, and I'm here today to talk to you about what is a limited liability company for About.com. A limited liability company also known as an LLC., is a type of business structure that combines traits of both a sole proprietorship, a single owner and a corporation. An LLC is eligible for the pass through taxation feature of a partnership or a sole proprietorship, which at the same time limiting the liability of of the owners similar to a corporation. As the LLC. is not considered a separate entity the company does not pay taxes or take on losses. Instead this is done by the owners as they have to report the business profits or losses on their personal income tax returns. However, just like corporations, members of an LLC are protected from personal liabilities such as your house or your car, thus the name limited liability.Thanks for watching and for more information on stocks and investing, be sure to check us out on the web at About.com.
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards