What is the NASDAQ?
Once a price is agreed upon a transaction is executed
Hi, my name is Jon, I'm an independent investor from Kansas City and I'm here today to talk about what is the NASDAQ on About.com.The NASDAQ is an exchange where stocks are bought and sold. The NASDAQ does not have a physical trading floor where you have buyers and sellers on the trading floor. Instead, all trading is done over a network of computers. The NASDAQ was created in 1971 and it was the world's first electronic stock market. Orders for stocks are sent out electronically over the NASDAQ, where market makers list their buy and sell prices. once the price is agreed upon the transaction is executed electronically. There are more than 5000 stocks on the NASDAQ, many of which are high tech stocks such as Microsoft, Apple and Google. Thanks for watching and for more information on stocks and investing be sure to check us out on the web at money.about.com.
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards
- Rome, Italy - Visit Italy on a Europe Cruise with Holland America Line