Great Board Games for Family Game Night
What game has a mockingly named title?
- 1Eric Balfour and Scottie Thompson Skyline Interviews
- 2How To Calculate Overtime
- 3Collecting and Identifying Gases
- 4Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Ahsoka and Ventress
- 5Steven Johnson: How the "ghost map" helped end a killer disease
- 6Appraisal: North Carolina Secretary, ca. 1790
- 7Appraisal: E. Howard Pocket Watch, ca. 1861
HI, the is Angela with About.com and today I am going to show you some great board games for Family Game Night. Board games are an easy way to get the family together and everyone can have a great time!The first board game is Candyland. This is the perfect game for children and adults who love to see their children learning colors and having a great time. Virtually any child who knows basic colors can play and win. It requires no reading, and reinforces color matching. The fun and colorful game of Candyland has many twists and turns and you never know who is going to end up winning. Another great board game is Monopoly. Monopoly can have up to eight players and is a competitive and overall educational yet fun board game! This game is recommended for ages 8 and up. It is best played by a person with an exceptionally long attention span and one who enjoys a steady climb toward victory. This game has tons of versions so pick one your family likes and enjoys!Clue is one of the best, classic mystery games out and is great for older children or the detectives in the family. The general goal and strategy of the game is better for teens but that's not to say a younger child who enjoys a mystery wouldn't enjoy playing. Clue is a great family game night traditional game. Everyone will be using their wits to solve the mystery and bring the glory home.Next, one of the best competitive games that is ever so mockingly named is "Sorry". There is pure sarcasm in the word you sweetly utter the moment you get the chance to banish all the opponent's efforts by moving him or her back to their start space and beg for mercy when they have you in their sites. This funny, rhetorical game will spice up the night and will never fail in achieving it's goal to provide a good time.The game of Life is the perfect choice for winding the night of endless fun down with a last little bit of strategy but mostly luck. Kids are so eager to get out these days. The game of life is exciting and surprisingly accurate for typical life. It's a race to get in a rich mansion or to fall into the poor house and, oh yes, the winner is the one with the most money in the end once everyone arrives. Thanks for watching! To learn more, visit us on the web at About.com!
- Natural Connections with Alexandra Cousteau
- NASA | Science for a Hungry World: Part 1
- An Introduction to Britain (1/8 ESL video+worksheets)
- Learn to Speak English Naturally - Family (Beginner)
- Learn to Speak English Naturally - Movies (Intermediate)
- Kindergarten Dance: Cha Cha Slide - Physical Education Class