How To Calculate Return On Investment
What does NBA stand for in this video?
Hi, my name is Grant Hobson, I've been a finance analyst for the past six years. Today I'm going to run you through some financial performance methods as well as some investment appraisal techniques. How to Calculate Return on Investment: There are two factors that we need to take into consideration when calculating a return investment. The first of these is your annual profits, which you can take from your income statement. The second example is the annual profits of the company, 250,000 pounds. Over this, we just need to calculate what the average NetBook Assets are. You take those Netbook Assets from your balance sheet for this example, so value of the assets is 750,000 pounds. The investment of the year, your annual profits divided by the value of your Netbook assets, should give you a total of 33 percent. The return investment figure is used by a business to assess how well the money they have used from their retained earnings, which they've invested in machinery or into plan, or into any systems - how well that's being converted into the generated revenue and making profits.
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards
- Rome, Italy - Visit Italy on a Europe Cruise with Holland America Line