How To Increase Your Vocal Range
What has the teacher found to be the best method for increasing vocal range?
How to increase your vocal range: the best thing in increasing your vocal range is to practice your scales. So, what you're doing is stretching, so you go from bottom C to top C and you gradually stretch your voice. So when my students come for singing lessons, I usually start from bottom C then and I always work from bottom C to top C so that we stretch the top of the vocal range and stretch the bottom, so that leaves all the middle fantastic. Another tip for increasing your vocal range is, I go on and on about it but it's the best method I've found, and this is placement singing. So where you use the tip of the tongue and then use your body, so basically it's jumping from here to here to here, the head voice, and then leaving the throat clean. So, a good exercise I find for that is this. Another tip for increasing your range is obviously your mouth shapes again. So to sing higher, it's important to get the note in the roof of the mouth and push the tip of the tongue down so you've got support and you're not singing from your throat because that closes the range, and to open the top voice, it is very important to do mirror work and of course, practice. Practice your scales. That is definitely the best method. Secondly, use the mouth shapes and a lot of mirror work. Try using the placement singing and you will really increase your range. .
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards