Your child can learn that different animals move in different ways and that each animal has unique characteristics that allow it to move that way. He can also describe and imitate the movement of different animals. Encourage your child to take a close look at the dogs, cats, squirrels, birds, insects, and other animals you encounter. What does he notice about how they move? What is it about the animal's body that helps it move that way? Invite your child to walk and pounce like a cat on his padded "paws"; fly like a bird flapping his "wings"; or crawl like a worm, stretching and then contracting his "long soft body."
- Appraisal: Jessie Willcox Smith Oil Painting with...
- September 4, 2013 - "Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity"
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - Appraisal: 1909 Charles R. Knight Oil
- Appraisal: Chinese Enameled Porcelain Bowl, ca. 1920
- The Fox and the Hound: Unlikely Friendships
- Disney Fairies - Secret of the Wings Trailer