How To Harvest Potatoes
How long should new potatoes be left to dry after harvesting?
New potatoes are ready for harvest as soon as the flower has gone in early summer. Put the fork into the side of the trench to avoiding piercing them, and lever back bringing the potatoes to the surface. Shake off any excess soil, then pick from the stalk. Check for holes and blemishes. Leave to air dry on the soil for roughly 30 minutes, then they are ready to be eaten. Whenever possible, harvest vegetables during the cool part of the morning, and process or store them as soon as you can.
- Craig Ferguson & Big Bang Cast (HILARIOUS)
- Barney Never Takes a Bad Picture
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's