What Is an Addend?
Any term in an addition is called
- 1Exercises that Help Correct Posture
- 2Pocahontas II "What a Day in London" Clip
- 3How To Calculate Area Of A Rectangle
- 4Lesson 8 - Writing the Alphabet - Learn English with Jennifer
- 5'br' - Music Man (The Electric Company)
- 6Where Are You? - Super Spy (The Electric Company)
- 7Landforms - an intro for kids (2/2)
Hi, my name is Bassem Saad. I'm an associate math instructor and a Ph.D. candidate and I'm here today for About.com to answer the question: what are addends?So any term in an addition is called an addend. For example, three plus two equals five: only three and two are addends; five is the resulting sum. Three plus two equals five; three and two are addends.From an algebraic perspective, if we take three variables - a, b, and c - and we add each one of them together, each variable – a, b, and c are addends. If we take three variables - a, b, and c – each variable – a, b, and c are addends.So in this example, we can find the missing addend. That's three plus something equals five. So we take five, we take out three, and we find the missing addend: two. So now we know what addends are.Thanks for watching, and to learn more visit us on the web at About.com.
- Natural Connections with Alexandra Cousteau
- NASA | Science for a Hungry World: Part 1
- An Introduction to Britain (1/8 ESL video+worksheets)
- Learn to Speak English Naturally - Family (Beginner)
- Learn to Speak English Naturally - Movies (Intermediate)
- Kindergarten Dance: Cha Cha Slide - Physical Education Class