How To Get Your Poetry Published Professionally
The speaker suggests doing the following before trying to get poetry published professionally.
I think if you really want to get published professionally, in a collection of your poems, you've got to have already been out there. No one will take a part of poems if you are completely unknown. Unless there is something really really extraordinary and exceptional about you. So that means that you've got to try and get your poems into small poetry magazines, which there are plenty. You've got to start reading your poems out loud at poetry clubs. You've got to try to maybe get some poems into some anthologies that other people are putting together. Maybe try to get your poem onto the radio, local radio perhaps. You've got to try all these areas, and then see after several years whether you've got a body of work that will convince the three or four main big publishers of poetry or some of the smaller printers.
- Barney Never Takes a Bad Picture
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards