How To Make Yourself Safer When Walking Alone
Even if you arm yourself in some way, someone still may choose
The best approach to this is to do some planning and try to find an alternative arrangement so you don't have to walk alone, or you don't have to walk alone in an unsafe area. Sacrificing convenience in favor of safety should be a priority. For example, if there is a choice of car parks, one being well-lit but further away and the other being badly-lit but closer then it's sensible to choose the former. In terms of walking alone, there really is no safe way; you can carry pepper spray or arm yourself in some manner but you're still alone. Even with pepper spray, you still risk coming up again someone with a more dangerous weapon. The old saying, "You bring a pepper spray to a gun fight, you're going to lose every time" is relevant in this case. The best solution is to choose your route wisely, plan ahead and be smart.
- Appraisal: French Bru Doll, ca. 1895
- Appraisal: 1919 Rockwell "The Little Model" Oil Painting
- Appraisal: Jessie Willcox Smith Oil Painting with...
- September 4, 2013 - "Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity"
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - Appraisal: 1909 Charles R. Knight Oil
- Appraisal: Chinese Enameled Porcelain Bowl, ca. 1920