How To Help Your Child Who Isn't Socializing Well At School
What is his basic suggestion when your child isn't socializing well in school?
When your child isn't socializing well in school, it could be a sign that, obviously, there's something that's not gelling with your youngster. So you need to help your youngster identify what that is; formulate that. You can get assistance from your youngster's guidance counsellor. There's a set of neutral eyes that can help you analyze the situation. But by providing support to your youngster, by providing him a platform to identify some issues, and then your advise in resolving those issues, sometimes it's, for socialization it's there's some peer pressure that's really impacting on their lives.They're just not sure how to handle it. There may be some bullying involved. There could be these other factors they're worried about, a standardized test that's coming up and that impacts. So basically, it starts with a heart to heart conversation with your youngster first and if you feel you need some help then make that call to your child's guidance counsellor and there'll be a helping hand there at the school site, you put your heads together, and come up with a plan.
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards