Hi, this is SerahRose Roth for About.com, and today we're going to talk about getting kids up and ready in the morning.The single most important thing in getting your kids up is to establish a regular routine. Develop a set, unwavering wakeup time that becomes habit. Also, make your kids take responsibility. If they don't wake up on what you all agree is 'on time' then let them face the consequences for being late.Be prepared the night before. Set out all clothing to be worn the night before. And do the same thing for things like breakfast. Have the morning choices ready to go. Lunches and school supplies should be ready to grab at a dashYou can eliminate a lot of fuss by eliminating decisions and planning from first thing in the morning.Thanks for watching.To learn more, visit us on the web at About.com.
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards
- Rome, Italy - Visit Italy on a Europe Cruise with Holland America Line
- How Sinkholes Like Guatemala Happen