How To Teach Your Child To Save Money
To him as a child, interest is
- 1How To Grow Broccoli
- 2VOA Learning English - Agriculture Report # 395
- 3More Universities Offer Free Online Courses
- 4One of the BEST Motivational Videos I've ever seen!
- 5Bytesize Science: A new weapon in the chemical arsenal of Amazonian
- 6How To Keep A Strong Marriage While Dealing With A Stepfamily
- 7VOA Learning English - Development Report # 395
I remember when I was a young child, in our school we had a savings program. And every week we put coins into little slots and they ended up getting deposited into a savings account. And I used to love to get my little pass book back that showed every three months that I got interest income on my savings. To me it was free money and I loved to see not only my deposits grow but the interest on my savings grow. So that's a technique that can be used to teach children to save. It really requires parents to become involved, to ensure that each time a child receives money that it not be spent, that choices be made and the choices might be, I might buy a particular item but I'm going to take a portion of the money and I'm going to save it.