What is Board?
What does board mean?
- 1Exercises that Help Correct Posture
- 2Pocahontas II "What a Day in London" Clip
- 3How To Calculate Area Of A Rectangle
- 4Lesson 8 - Writing the Alphabet - Learn English with Jennifer
- 5'br' - Music Man (The Electric Company)
- 6Where Are You? - Super Spy (The Electric Company)
- 7Landforms - an intro for kids (2/2)
Hi, I'm Michelle Wilson for About.com. Today I'm going to explain one of the three major costs of attending college: board.Board, which you may have heard in the phrase 'room and board,' has historical origins and refers literally to the table on which food is served. Nowadays, board simply refers to food.Many students living on campus in dormitories pay for board in the form of a meal plan with a dining hall or cafeteria. While the food may not be quite like traditional home cooking, it does offer many conveniences for students that need to spend their time studying for tests rather than cooking.Students living off campus are largely responsible for their own food, which still falls into the category of board.I hope you learned something new about board. Thanks for watching. For more information, please visit About.com.