Hi, I'm Michelle Wilson for About.com. Today I'm going to explain one of the three major costs of attending college: board.Board, which you may have heard in the phrase 'room and board,' has historical origins and refers literally to the table on which food is served. Nowadays, board simply refers to food.Many students living on campus in dormitories pay for board in the form of a meal plan with a dining hall or cafeteria. While the food may not be quite like traditional home cooking, it does offer many conveniences for students that need to spend their time studying for tests rather than cooking.Students living off campus are largely responsible for their own food, which still falls into the category of board.I hope you learned something new about board. Thanks for watching. For more information, please visit About.com.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
- Peter Pan Diamond Edition - Captain Hook and Tic Tock Croc Clip
- Craig Ferguson & Big Bang Cast (HILARIOUS)
- Barney Never Takes a Bad Picture
- First Look: Jennifer Hudson on Being a "Big Girl" - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter