Hi I'm Gina Miller for About.com and today I'm making South Beach Diet's Turkey Meatloaf from the About.com Home Cooking site. Now this may be a diet recipe, but there's no skimping on taste. The whole family will enjoy it and it's just as comforting as standard meatloaf -- just better for you.Here are the ingredients you'll need:First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Next we'll make the tomato mixture. In a small saucepan combine the tomato paste, red wine, water, garlic, basil, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered, for 15 minutes. Then set the tomatoe mixture aside.In a large bowl combine the turkey, oatmeal, egg substitute, zucchini, and one-half cup of the tomato mixture. Mix well. Now shape the turkey into a loaf, and place it in an ungreased 8- x 4-inch loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Discard any drippings. Pour the remaining half cup of tomato mixture over the top of the turkey loaf. Bake for 15 minutes longer.Remove to a serving platter and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Here's a tip: To compliment the dish I like to serve some sauteed spinach and fresh mushrooms. The flavors really seem to blend well together and it keeps the dish healthy. Serve any remaining tomato sauce on the side.Thanks for watching and for more information, visit us on the web at About.com.
- Exclusive: Why Usher Signed Justin Bieber - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Exclusive: Usher's Song-Writing Inspiration - Oprah's Next Chapter
- Rihanna Takes Oprah on a Tour of Her Childhood Home - Oprah's
- Neil Patrick Harris Steals 38th Annual People Choice Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris and Hugh Jackman Duet at 2011 Tony Awards
- Rome, Italy - Visit Italy on a Europe Cruise with Holland America Line