How is Alcoholism Diagnosed?
Do you envy people who can
Hello, my name is Dr. Ingrid Mathieu. I am a clinical psychologist and today we'll be discussing how alcoholism is diagnosed.No two drinkers are exactly alike and therefore recognizing a problem with alcohol is unique to each individual drinker. It is recommended that you see a doctor to determine whether or not you have a problem with alcohol and this video does not take the place of an official diagnosis.Alcoholics Anonymous has created a list of 12 questions one might ask him or herself if they are concerned about his or her drinking.Answering yes to four or more of these questions indicates that you might have a problem with alcohol.The DSM-IV-TR refers to alcoholism as Alcohol Dependence and defines it as:A maladaptive pattern of substance use, leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by three (or more) of the following symptoms, occurring at any time in the same 12-month period:Thank you for watching. To learn more, visit About.com
- Appraisal: Jean Arnould Heyermans Oil, ca. 1880
- Appraisal: French Bru Doll, ca. 1895
- Appraisal: 1919 Rockwell "The Little Model" Oil Painting
- Appraisal: Jessie Willcox Smith Oil Painting with...
- September 4, 2013 - "Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity"
- ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - Appraisal: 1909 Charles R. Knight Oil